Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Chattrapati Shivaji’s forts to Guinness Records

It gives me immense pleasure and my chest swells with pride when I say that Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj's forts pictures have made an entry into the Guinness book of records.

The exhibition that was held at Pune which displayed 40,150 photographs of nearly 250 forts that Shivaji Maharaj held under his mighty Kingdom. President of Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) Raj Thackeray presided over the event that was hosted by rajashivaji.com .

Present on the event were respected Shivshahir Babasaheb Purandare who is considered an authority on Shivaji Maharaj's life.

I wrote this topic, contradistinct from my other blogs because the news gave me immeasurable joy and I wanted to share it with my readers. Thanks for reading this blog entry and please post your comments.

No comments: